Friday, November 7, 2014

My Favorite Teacher

I always loved when my first graders came up to me and stated, "Mrs. Neill...you are my favorite teacher!"  I cherished those words, but often in my head laughed a little as they had only had one teacher before me...I thought it would only mean something if they said after they had graduated from high school.  I have now watched three of those first grade classes walk across the stage and receive diplomas.  While I am sure they probably don't remember me as their favorite teacher at the point, I am sure they probably do remember some of the things we shared together for that year.

What qualities does it take to make you the "favorite teacher"?  How do you get to be "the one" that kids remember when they have left these halls and become members of society?  This clip from SoulPancake's "Man on the Street" gives us an idea of what it takes.


No comments:

Post a Comment