Tuesday, January 13, 2015

My insight comes from experience...but more so from the Internet...

I wish I could say all the thoughts I place on this blog came to me in some glorious fashion (or even that I thought of it myself).  You know...the lights dim and then this big, bright light bulb appears above my head, while a look of clarity and peacefulness comes over my face.  Truth is it NEVER happens that way.  Here is what really happens:

Someone or something has cause me to doubt/fear/question/disbelieve/mistrust myself.  There is no bright bulb above my head, but rather a dark, ominous cloud...and maybe a few lightning bolts.  There is no look of peace and clarity on my face.  In fact, that valley that lies between my eyebrows becomes so deep that no amount of Botox will straighten it.   So  I begin to look to the areas I can find comfort:  my giggling three year old (who's biggest problem right now is what dress should Belle be in...the blue every day dress or the gold dancing dress.  I vote for the gold dress...it is the easiest to get on!).   My faith...which often allows me to jump over these problems and continue forward.  My Twitter feed...which is dotted with inspirational and motivational quotes, etc. that I follow. And the Internet...because a good video of a  little kid telling his sister she should of had a nap will make anyone smile.
Many times the Internet leads me past videos like this and to great sites that turn me around and make me think.  They are based on the brilliant ideas and thoughts of someone else and are calling out to me.  I think that sometimes, they are calling out to you too...and it is part of my job to try to place them into your hands for you to use when you are feeling less than positive.  And then you can share it with someone else...and they share it...LIGHT BULB!  What a great way to spread happiness and love across our profession!

Today my turn around was found in the following blog.  Enjoy...and answer the questions at the end...it helps...

https://affectiveliving.wordpress.com/2014/11/18/three-questions-worth-asking/

No comments:

Post a Comment