Total geek moment for me this weekend in seeing movie...there is something about those blue words, "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away" showing on the screen in blue and then fading into the star field and the yellow scroll. The icing on the cake: John William's iconic score...I can't listen to the score with our hearing my former piano teacher Mrs. Anderson hitting the side of the piano saying "Triplet one, two...triplet three, four"as my sister Kristi would play the piece during her lessons.
But that score: Gets me in the feels EVERY time...
If you have more time (like 9 minutes), this clip is ALL the opening credits, excluding Episode 7:
I also encourage you to type "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away" into Google...
We often feel like Jedi Masters, fighting the Dark Side in our classrooms (especially two days before Christmas break). We must remember that like Obi-Wan Kenobi...we may be some of these kids' only hope.
Check out the following Star Wars gifs that perfectly describe teaching:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/weareteachers/23-star-wars-gifs-that-perfectly-describe-life-as-h0xt
If by chance you haven't seen Star Wars (WHAT??? Please don't tell me...I don't know if I can handle that...), you have time during break to watch them all.
May the Force be with you.
No comments:
Post a Comment