We are well into our second week of school. We talked a lot about inspiration before this year began. Are you still inspired? It is hard. I must admit that same attitude I had on the in-service day may have loss a little bit of its shine. Maybe I need to start drinking caffeinated coffee...

Some days it may feel like we are just getting by. Those great lessons you planned...you have thrown them out the window. Your idea of how well your class was going to get the routine of the day down...you have gone back to square one. You begin to feel that every great thing you had planned in your mind is unattainable now that the kids are here. Do you often feel those great dreams never come to fulfillment because of how busy we get with the ones who we dream those dreams for?
So what can you do to have your dreams and ideas thrive now that the year has started? I hate to keep saying it...but you have to be inspired...you have to look for those little pick me ups when life gets you down. They will allow you to keep moving forward. Don't just survive. Thrive and flourish here.

Here is a great little blog about how to lead a thriving life. This blog was directed at teaching these practices to our students, but these are important things for each of us to do to continue to thrive as educators and more importantly as human beings.
No comments:
Post a Comment