So tired.

I don't think there is any amount of sleep training that can prepare you for how exhausted the first week back is.
I know you are tired. I know these five days have seemed to take a long time. I told the story that I woke up on Tuesday SURE it was Thursday or Friday because of how tired I felt. I know your feet are probably hurting from wearing real shoes. I know that wearing pants with a zipper and snap are an adjustment after yoga pants and shorts all summer.
But let me ask you this:
Are you in the game?
Are you playing?
Are you putting your all in?
Are you adjusting your game based on the players in your room?
Are you coming to school happy?
Are you being a good teammate?
Are you having fun?
I am hoping you can answer yes to those questions after this week. I hope that five...six...twenty weeks down the road you can answer yes. Don't loose the commitment you put forth this first week. Keeping that attitude, those expectations, and that enthusiasm will ensure your room doesn't turn into "The Hunger Games" a few weeks down the road.
Keep playing the game!

No comments:
Post a Comment