Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Laugh

One of the best self care things we can do for ourselves is to laugh.  It decreases stress hormones,increases your immune system and releases the feel good chemicals called endorphins.  Laughing is good for you.  Science says so.

It is really good to laugh with your friends and colleagues.

Image result for laughing teacher meme

I am always on the look out for new and funny people to follow on Twitter and Instagram.  I need those laughs...especially when it has been a bad day.

A few weeks ago, I discovered "Late Notes" on Instagram.  The account was originally started to showcase the beautifully written notes Seth King sent explaining why his kids were late.  When I say they are beautifully written, I mean not only is the wording beautiful, but Seth has such GREAT handwriting.


Beginning this fall, Seth decided to take it to a whole new level.  With his daughter starting high school and their family being part of the carpool, he figured the best thing to do would be to find ways to embarrass his hormonal teenage daughter.  I must say...his notes are good...but these weekly car pool sessions are HILARIOUS!  These sessions including a lot of planning, a lot of costumes, a lot of help, and a lot of laughs.  It seems everyone but his daughter seems to find the humor and the joy in his shenanigans.  


Take time to laugh today.  Take the time to follow "latenotes" on Instagram and view the car pool videos from this year.  You need not plan an extravagant pageant of music and costumes to get a laugh or make yourself laugh.  You need only to find the joy in simple things and the joy in what you surround yourself with every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment