Friday, November 15, 2019

Let's Be Honest

Honesty is a trait that can carry us all far in life.  When we are confronted when we have done something wrong, we strive to be honest.  We work hard to let our students know honesty is the best policy.  Honesty can make you friends and it can also cause you to lose friends.  Many times we have to approach honesty in different ways.  We have all had someone say to us, "Be honest.  What do you think?".  Sometimes we can be blunt...sometimes we approach that question and honesty with a little softness.

You know who are honest?  Kids.  The littler they are, the more honest they are.


Image result for things that tell the truth"

As a first grade teacher, I always loved the honesty and openness my students had.  There were some families I knew everything about them and their lives except their shoes sizes.  I have been blessed his week with a few conversations with our littlest learners and they were honest.  It was that open, blunt honesty.  They didn't sugar coat anything when I asked them about using inappropriate language.  I got the word and the gesture...more than once.  I had another student let me know that Doritos made them toot.  My day was made.  

When people are honest with you, you have developed trust with them.  You feel liked.  You feel valued.  A weight of responsibility comes with being someone that people feel they can be open and honest to.  Accept that responsibility of being that person's someone.  And if you see someone that needs a "someone", work on developing a relationship with them.  Take the time to plant the seed that you are a person they can come to.  Be the person they will want to share with that Doritos make them toot. :)

I am going to put this funny here.  "I Mom So Hard".  Follow them on social media.  Jen and Kristin say it like it is.  They have some really great video out there.  This one was posted the other day and touches on how honest kids are.





No comments:

Post a Comment