And that has all been in the last seven days.
I am going to share with you some words that I have shared with a few teachers on staff:
What should this look
like? Should it all be digital? Should all be paper? Should I
record lessons? Should I do a Google Classroom? I don’t know. There
is no blue print for this. We are being asked to do a 180 on all our planning
in a matter of days. People who do virtual learning have MONTHS to set it up.
We are being asked to cut the human part out. So my answer is this....whatever
you do...as long as it is meaningful and not just BUSY work, to help our
students get content during this time IS THE RIGHT THING.
I don't know what this looks like. I don't know if we are doing it right. I don't know if we will meet the needs of each kid. I don't know if they will even do the work. All I know is that we are helpers and we are here to step up and do our part to protect people all while still educating our students.
I saw someone write that maybe after all of this people will think of us more than "just" teachers. We are so much more than that.
I value you and all you are doing during this hard time.
Mrs. Schaefer shared this video with me. It is so right on.
No comments:
Post a Comment