Friday, May 22, 2020

The End....

Today is May 22nd.  It is the official end of the year for staff.


Today is also the 143rd day of the year.  It is Mister Rogers Day.

I have talked before about Fred and his impact on me and countless others.  This day is important as 143 Day represents his most important message to children:  I LOVE YOU.


"It takes one letter to say I and four letters to say love and three letters to say you.  One hundred and forty three."-Fred Rogers


Fred and his team thought outside the box for years.  How do we reach children?  Television.  A children's show.  How to do help our kids?  Let's have that message be one of kindness and trust.  These were groundbreaking things!  Simple things...but ground breaking.

What would Fred say about this year?  I think he would say "Good job."  He would praise us for our thinking, our kindness, and our perseverance during this time.  He would call us "inventors" or "innovators".  He would tell us we were great problem solvers.  He would tell us we were brave during a very scary time.  He would tell us that he was proud of us and that he loved us.

So we are here at the end of a scary time.  We did it.  We faced a battle no others educators before us had.  We have come through on the other side tired, but better.  Older, but wiser.  The important thing is that we made it through together.  It wasn't perfect.  It wasn't always pretty.  But we did it together and we did it for our kids.

Have a great summer!  To those of you who are leaving our halls...thank you for all you have done.  You have left an imprint on the hearts and minds of so many.  For those of you returning next year...thank you for all you have done.  I look forward to seeing where the next year takes us and how this experience will make our classrooms a better place.

I thank you for being you.  I thank you for all you do.  It is you I like. 

This last quote ties this up perfectly.  

"Often, when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else."-Fred Rogers




No comments:

Post a Comment