I am writing this to you in August.
August. This little word can be a big buzzkill for teachers. We know what it means. It is the end of something exciting. But we must remember it is the beginning of something exciting too.
You probably don't want to see this. You may get the back to school letter from the school and groan. (Be aware...they will be arriving this week).
But here it is. It is time to begin a new school year.
I always think that we are fortunate to be able to have a new start each year. We can hope for the best and plan for the worst and anticipate that it will fall somewhere in between. We are given the opportunity each summer to relax, but also to reflect. What went well about the year? What didn't go so well? What can I change? What can I do better? What can I do to make a difference in the lives of our students?
So I ask you to spend these last few weeks soaking up the sunshine (with sunscreen on) and reflecting on the upcoming year. Make some goals. Write them down. Get yourself ready to tackle the year. Remind yourself it is ok to feel uncertain about what to expect or to feel overwhelmed with the thought of not everything being done before that first day. Focus on what you can control...and push through that.
I look forward to seeing everyone in these upcoming weeks.


No comments:
Post a Comment