While I like to think I write this blog as an inspiration to all of you, I often find that I write it for myself. I look at that counter of how many people actually read my posts (like the last one was only 5), but I still keep putting them out. I guess I hope that someone will need a pick me up on a day and they will find it in the words that I put down on this blog. For myself, it also gives me a place to go back and see where I was at in a particular year.
As I have stated before, I look to Twitter and Instragram for inspiration about life and our profession, but also as a place to get a few laughs. It is always good to hear that other people may be experiencing the same struggles as you or may be laughing at the same things that you do.
A recent Twitter feed I found is "Frog and Toad Bot". This feed produces a new tweet from the words of the Frog and Toad books by Arnold Lobel every three hours. Do you remember Frog and Toad? Frong and Toad are best friends.. They share all sort of adventures together. Frog and Toad books are often some of the first chapter books new readers begin to explore. As a first grade teacher, I never knew these books were that deep, but seeing what the Twitter bot generates, I am thinking Frog and Toad is a good place to turn to for some wisdom. Here are a few examples:
No comments:
Post a Comment