WARNING: Roy says his favorite word a few times in this clip.
Above is one of the scenes we talked about from "Ted Lasso" at our preservice day. Roy and Ted are drunk and talk about Roy not playing. It took this talk for Roy to see that sometimes he needed to put the needs of the team ahead of his needs (actually...not his needs, but his ego). Ted needed Roy to see that it takes working together to make each other better...even those who are the best need others to continue to improve.
Last week, we saw the importance of the team. Many of us needed to put our desires on the back burner in order to help the team as a whole find success. We may have had a plan for what we wanted to do for the day, but after hearing what the team needed, we put that aside and worked for the good of the team. And boy did we get a lot done. In the midst of a terrible situation, we pulled together and now are in a much better position than we were at 7:20 that morning.
I must admit, I was hit with an overwhelming feeling of pride when I looked down the hall and saw members of our team putting books in bags, hauling items out of rooms, and helping students move 100 pounds weights. I had experienced some dark days prior to this and it was at this moment, that I knew it. I knew that you were my people. By working together, you are making me a better principal and a better person.
I hope that I am doing the same for you.
I believe in believe.
No comments:
Post a Comment