It is that time of year...when we have students with runny noses, hacking coughs, and pink eyes. When I began teaching, my husband said I surrounded myself with "festers" every day...they were "infested" with sickness and they would "infest" me with it too! While we try to be diligent with hand washing, it never fails...we all get sick. I am typing this post with the Kleenex close by and a mixture of lemon and honey in my hand. I usually go right for the Ny-Quil in situations like this (Ny-Quil and Pepto...two medicines NO house should be without), but circumstances don't allow that (LOVE YOU KHLOE). The longer we teach, the more "sure fire cures" we encounter...
What is your sure fire cure for sickness? Do you just tough it out? Is a Diet Coke the answer? What do you do to keep yourself on top of your game during this time of the year?
As soon as I feel like I am getting sick, I take three Vitamin C. I usually don't get sick, or the severity is less. I also use homepathic remedies depending on what my symptoms. I TRY to remember to wash my hands even more then I already do.
ReplyDeleteI don't get sick. I get grumpy...very grumpy. Or is that an illness unto itself?
ReplyDeleteYou must be sick a lot! LOL!!!!
DeleteAnnette said that we recently ran out of Kleenex, or facial tissue for those old enough to know the real word. We need to remind our students to keep the fingers out of their nose and their hands away from their mouth. Wash your hands, wash your hands and wash them again. Clean your keyboards, light switches, door knobs, and don't share your pens. The best cure is an ounce of prevention. I get the flu shot, and I don't share food or drink with others.
ReplyDelete