Those who have been in education for awhile have seen many changes throughout their career. Many times we find the same concept being recycled, polished a bit and labeled as something different.
Below you will find a link to an article on a new concept in teaching. I must tell you...as I read it, I thought, "This makes sense. It is when students are at home that they seem to struggle the most." This concept requires superb planning skills on the teacher's part and would be more work than planning a "normal" lesson. But if is allows students to be successful, isn't that work worth it?
http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/nation/2013/01/27/flipped-learning-class/1868733/
New? This has been around for many years! A class of my peers a year older than me flipped then entire English classroom one day and I'll never forget the event! Major impact on the teacher and students!
ReplyDeleteSeriously "flipping" to me has been around (only new part is the technology). My former ag and science teachers did this all the time. We had to get items done outside of class and then do the activity during school hours. I think for a lot of labs we do this today, its just technology that has change the tool/format for the delivery at home.