Thursday, May 4, 2017

May the Fourth

I thought I was done with blogs for the year.  

But this morning I heard there is a staff member, who I won't mention, who HATES this day.

Today is May 4th.

As in..."May the fourth be with you."

(All you Catholics just responded with "And also with you...")

A few years ago, it has become a major thing to celebrate all things Star Wars today.  If you on are Twitter, the hashtags #maythefourthbewithyou and #starwarsday are trending.  A few years ago, I wrote a blog about Star Wars.  Check it out here:  http://theblackboardofeps.blogspot.com/2015/12/may-force-be-with-you.html.  I talked about teaching, the force, the dark side, and being Jedi masters.  Hopefully it inspired some of you to make it through the day.  For those of you that hadn't seen the movies (and again...please don't tell me that!), perhaps it inspired you to watch and see what the hype is all about.  

I am disappointed I didn't put my daughter in one of her three Star Wars shirts today.  I am not obsessed.  I just know that Star Wars for many people stands with memories of simpler times and our childhood.  During this time of year, it is those memories that may bring us a much needed smile after a day of kids who are ready to be done.  

So...just for you unnamed staff member, here is a blog about 21 times Star Wars summed up teaching life.

https://www.weareteachers.com/teachers-may-the-fourth-be-with-you/

Have a great day...




And may the Force be with you....



No comments:

Post a Comment