It was pretty clear that I thought the new Wonder Woman movie was great. The message...the effects...and just how awesome it was to see a woman show us how it is done. Just overall a great movie!
Wonder Woman has now been released on DVD and Blu-Ray. Take a look...everyone thinks it is awesome! (FYI: Henry Cavill is the "new" Superman...great to see super heroes supporting each other...just like we should support each other in this building).
https://batman-news.com/2017/09/21/henry-cavill-wonder-woman-blu-ray-gal-gadot/
Wonder Woman has evolved from the 1970's TV show starring Linda Carter (Which was great! She would just spin and spin and BAM! Outfit changed!). When we look at it now, it seems cheesy, but this is what "worked" and "enticed" audiences at the time.
Would Linda Carter's Wonder Woman be a hit today with our students? Probably not. Like everything else, Wonder Woman has had to adapt and change with the times. Her armor had to get a little edgier. Her weapons a little more advance. She had to "play" to her audience.
Teaching is like that. And here it goes...I am not sure HOW many times I have said this..."You can teach 20 years...you just can't teach the same year 20 times." You have to adapt. You have to change. You have to change your lessons. You have to remember you are teaching kids who are NOT the same kids we had 20 years ago...10 years ago...even last year. YOU have to do something different to reach them. Don't expect them to always adjust. At times, we have to step outside our comfort zone and try to do something super to help them find success.
Below is a link to a blog about how teachers are like Wonder Woman. I have been saving this one in my folder for the right time. I think now that everyone can check out the movie is the right time.
https://www.weareteachers.com/teachers-are-superheroes/#.WVPEyYQrKUk
Keep being super my friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment