Friday, January 28, 2022

Swim Like a Duck or Soar Like an Eagle

Boy...

It has been a week.  

I always say I know what is happening with the weather since I do elementary lunchroom duty.  Our youngest learners are like little barometers.  Yet there were no big weather warnings this week and there was no full moon.  What was it?  All I know is that it set me up with a negative attitude about the remainder of my day...and my week.

Have you noticed how the simple act of thinking negatively can definitely change how you see everything you encounter in a day?  It is hard not to begin your mindset in this way.  When we turn on the news, read the paper, or check social media, many of the first messages we receive are about things that are impacting the world negatively.  It is hard to begin the day (especially when they begin in the dark), with a smile and thoughts of positivity.  I have learned that if you expect to have a bad day, you will rarely disappoint yourself.  It is important for us to find those positive outlets to help set our minds to have a positive day.

I encountered a reading not too long ago that summed up thinking in the terms of ducks and eagles.  Duck quack and complain.  Eagles soar above the crowd.  If you are always quacking and complaining, where do you go?  If you surround yourself with negativity, those around you become negative, you may start to inhabit a place that is disorganized and dirty...you become someone people want to avoid.  But if you make some changes with your attitude, even the littlest change, those around you respond differently.  They seek you out.  They trust you.  You become an eagle and soar.  You meet goals.  You make advancements.  You make a difference.

I promise you that making a different choice in your attitude will not disappoint.  Stop quacking like a duck and start soaring with the eagles.

You can read more about this midset here:  https://www.jasonwhitman.com/2018/08/13/eagles-and-ducks-hiring/






No comments:

Post a Comment